Book Photography

Effortless is not easy. Making a book look pretty IS NOT a quick process.
It seems so effortless. Books lay there unmoving, waiting to be photographed. Easy enough, right?
WRONG.


image

Beginning my journey into the world of #bookstagram through my instagram account @buttercupsbooks, I figured I would dedicate some time here and there to taking cool pictures and uploading them... But that’s not how you obtain great pictures.
As it turns out, taking gorgeous photos of books does not happen easily. They require themes and setup. They take time. They need props and backgrounds and lots of forethought before diving in. Which books do I showcase? What background should I use? Am I getting enough light? Will people even like this?

I asked myself these questions a billion times as I restarted this bookstagram adventure. For all of you bookstagrammers out there, I applaud you for your terrific work. It is fun, but it is definitely not easy. If you are beginning a new account (like me!), let’s keep in touch and enjoy this adventure together. 
What is your favourite bookstagram photo? I’d love to see. Tag the link in the comments below! Or tag your own account!

Comments

Popular Posts