3 Reasons You Need A USP


What is a USP?

A USP is a unique selling point. It is what makes you stand out.

Whether you are creating something new or are going into a job interview. 

Discover what makes you special and showcase it! This is why:

Set Yourself Apart


Maybe you are a musical genius. Maybe you are incredibly athletic. Maybe you've done some extraordinary things in your lifetime. Use it!

I once had a job interview where the interviewer was so blown away that I was an author (even though I wasn't published yet), he gave me the job right away. Since then I understand the power of a USP.

As an author at 23, I am unique compared to my peers. 

Of course there will be other 23 year-olds who write novels, but how many of them do you know?
Find your niche and make it work for you. Everyone has something special about them. 



Make Yourself Memorable


Don't be boring and focus on typical statements such as I'm generous, nice, funny, etc. Well, what about you makes you nice or generous? Did you build homes in a third-world country? Did you help the homeless? How? 

Give details people will rememberPut yourself in the other person's shoes - whoever your audience may be - and make yourself WORTH remembering!


Bring Something New To The Table


Ask yourself, what can I do that nobody else can? 

Maybe it is designing, innovating or writing something into existence. Maybe it is something completely different. Whatever it is, emphasize it as your strong suit. You can bring this new skill or idea into the company. You can make your audience see things a new way with this song or story. There are so many things you can do and use to bring something new to the table. Think! 

What is your unique selling point?



Comments

Popular Posts